Latest EPL standings as well as fixtures and results are found below the predictions.
Liverpool go to the English Premier League’s bottom side Sheffield United for the Sunday night fixture, in the latest attempt to arrest their rotten run of form.
Latest EPL standings as well as fixtures and results are found below the predictions. Liverpool go to the English Premier League’s bottom side Sheffield United for the Sunday night fixture, in the latest attempt to arrest their rotten run of form. VenasBet is a free football prediction website that provides guaranteed predictions for betting such as Over 1.5 Goals, Double Chance, Draws, Over 2.5 Goals, Both teams to score and many more.
The Premier League champions can confidently be labelled ‘outgoing’ following a disastrous sequence of four consecutive EPL losses.
It was the most recent that smarted the most, too, with neighbours Everton jigging back across Stanley Park with all three points from the Merseyside Derby at Anfield.
Leicester, Manchester City and Brighton had already done likewise as the gloom mounts around Jurgen Klopp and his injury-hit charges.
The Reds are now sixth in the Premier League table at the start of the weekend, with Chelsea just above and Everton, who have a game in hand, just below and level on points.
Jordan Henderson becomes the latest addition to Klopp’s horror show of an injury list, joining long-term casualties including Virgil van Dijk, Joe Gomez and Joel Matip.
Naby Keita made it as far as the bench last weekend as he nears a return to full fitness, while Diogo Jota is back in training as he prepares to freshen up a flagging front line.
Fabinho is a further doubt in defence, too, with Nathaniel Phillips likely to line up alongside rookie Ozan Kabak if he fails to make it.
Sheffield United thought they had turned a corner in their desperate scrap to beat relegation back to the Championship at the second time of asking.
But the Blades have lost three on the bounce again since their six-pointer success over drop rivals West Brom.
Chelsea, West Ham and Fulham are the London trio to have unleashed some capital punishment on Chris Wilder’s sorry side, who have just 11 points to show for their efforts so far this season.
It leaves them a frightening 14 points adrift of safety with 13 games left to play.
The South Yorkshire club also have a hefty injury list to contend with, as Jack O’Connell, Jack Robinson, John Egan and Sander Berge all miss out.
Chris Basham is also nursing a hamstring problem, although John Fleck seemed to make a successful return to the side after illness last time out.
Sheffield United vs Liverpool: By the numbers
- Coming into this game, Sheffield United has picked up 3 points from the last 5 games, both home and away. That’s 0.6 points per game on average. BTTS has landed in just 2 of those games. Sheffield United has scored 3 times in the last 5 fixtures.
- Liverpool’s defence will have to be at their best today if they’re to stop Sheffield United from scoring. The home side has scored in the last 4 games in front of their own fans. They have failed to score in 5 home matches this season.
- Things have not been going that well in front of goal for Sheffield United recently, with the side failing to score in 3 of the last 5 games. Will the manager change his tactics today, or throw in another forward?
- Sheffield United has fired blanks in 13 games this season. That’s 52% of games where they have not been able to find the back of the net. Do they need a new forward? In the last 5 games, they have scored just 3 goals.
- Just 2 of the last 5 games for Sheffield United has ended with both teams scoring. They have won 1 of those 5 games. Overall, BTTS has landed in 11/25 games for Sheffield United this season.
- Sheffield United will need to improve their attack if they’re to get anything out of this game. They have not scored in the last 2 matches. During the last five games they have scored 3 times and overall this season they have scored 0.6 goals per game.
- Coming into this game, Liverpool has picked up 3 points from the last 5 games, both home and away. That’s 0.6 points per game on average. BTTS has landed in an intriguing 3 of those games. Liverpool has scored 5 times in the last 5 fixtures.
- Things have not been going that well in front of goal for Liverpool recently, with the side failing to score in 2 of the last 5 games. Will the manager change his tactics today, or throw in another forward?
- In the last 5 matches for Liverpool, 3 of those games has ended with both teams scoring. This season 15 matches (60% of all matches) involving Liverpool has seen BTTS landing.
Stats source: footystats.org
Sheffield United vs Liverpool: Prediction
Prediction methodology explained: The expected win percentage is based off publicly available odds. For example, if a team’s odds are 2.30, the expected chance of winning is 43%. If the odds are 1.62 the expected chance of winning is 62% and so on. These are accurate at the time of writing but are subject to change. Where there is no value listed, the odds were not available at the time of writing.
Sheffield United vs Liverpool: EPL starting XI prediction
Epl Weekend Games Predictions Today
Probable Sheffield United Starting XI: Aaron Ramsdale, Ethan Ampadu, Phil Jagielka, Kean Bryan, George Baldock, John Lundstram, Oliver Norwood, John Fleck, Enda Stevens, David McGoldrick, Billy Sharp.
Probable Liverpool Starting XI: Alisson, Trent Alexander-Arnold, Ozan Kabak, Nathaniel Phillips, Andy Robertson, Thiago, Georginio Wijnaldum, Curtis Jones, Mohamed Salah, Roberto Firmino, Sadio Mane.
Epl Weekend Games Predictions 2020
Find all English Premier League predictions, fixtures and results for 27 February to 1 March 2021 here.