DraftKings Online Casino is bringing its popular live Blackjack offering to Pennsylvania. Beginning its soft launch today and tomorrow, October 21 and October 22, the DraftKings app in Pennsylvania will now offer live dealer Blackjack. For those who are unfamiliar, online casinos typically offer virtual slots and table games akin to video games.
Pennsylvania stands as the No. 2 online sports betting market in the US. Only New Jersey produces more mobile betting handle than Pennsylvania.
DraftKings also made a notable profit, handling more than $100 million in sports betting in Pennsylvania for the fourth month in a row at $131.5 million, though it only made $5.4 million in. DraftKings currently offers sports betting in NJ, PA, WV, IN, IL, NH, IA, CO, TN, VA and MI. In most cases, it has partnered with a local venue, opening the. Pennsylvania is the second state to open a version of DraftKings Online Casino, as New Jersey has hosted the company’s casino since 2018. DraftKings Casino is available as an app for both Android and iPhone / iPad casino players. In order to get started with the download, click on the link above and look for your operating system’s logo.
The Keystone State’s sports betting industry includes online sportsbook operators like DraftKings, FanDuel, Barstool Sportsbook, and several other industry-leading brands. Pennsylvania produced more than $170 in online sports betting revenue last year.
Pennsylvania Sports Betting Recent Updates
- BetMGM launches in Pennsylvania – One of the sports betting industry’s leading brands debuts in the Pennsylvania market. BetMGM launched in December, becoming the first iGaming brand to launch in the state without a land-based casino partner. Pennsylvania gaming laws allow BetMGM to enter the state market as a qualified gaming entity (QGE).
- November online sports betting revenue sets a new Pennsylvania record – Pennsylvania’s mobile sports betting apps took in $31.18 million in November revenue, setting a new all-time in the state for the second consecutive month.
- Pennsylvania sportsbooks take more than $525 million in bets in October – The Keystone State hits a new betting handle high in October, with more than $525 million in combined online and live betting revenue. Almost 90% of bets come from mobile apps ($472.2 million).
- Pennsylvania online sports betting becomes a $100 million industry – October revenue numbers push online sports betting revenue over the $100 million mark for the year. FanDuel Sportsbook accounts for more than 45% of market share, with ten total mobile sports betting brands operating in the state.
- Barstool Sportsbook goes live in Pennsylvania – Last September, a new major player entered Pennsylvania’s online sports betting market. Barstool Sportsbook quickly emerged as the No. 3 mobile sports betting platform in the state, behind FanDuel and DraftKings.
Reviews For Pennsylvania’s Top Sports Betting Sites
FanDuel Sportsbook (9.8/10)
Visit: FanDuel Pennsylvania and get $1,000 Risk-Free Bet
- Welcome bonus: Risk-free bet up to $1,000
- Available as an iOS app, Android app, or via desktop
- License partner of Valley Forge Casino Resort
- Authorized Gaming Partner of the NBA
- Top-flight selection of domestic and international sports
- Best deposit option – PayPal
- Other deposit methods – ACH/eCheck, credit/debit card, FanDuel Play+
FanDuel Sportsbook enjoys status as Pennsylvania’s top choice for online sports betting. Nearly half of all online sports bets coming from Pennsylvania go through FanDuel Sportsbook.
Signing up for a new account unlocks a risk-free bet up to $1,000 at FanDuel Sportsbook. Other promotions include parlay insurance offers, applicable to several different sports.
DraftKings Sportsbook (9.4/10)
Visit: Draftkings Pennsylvania and get $1,000 Deposit Bonus
- 20% deposit match up to $1,000 as a welcome bonus
- iOS, Android, and desktop versions available
- License partner of The Meadows
- Official Sports Betting Partner of the Philadelphia Eagles
- A+ selection of sports and ways to bet
- Best deposit option – PayPal
- Other deposit methods – ACH/eCheck, credit/debit card, DraftKings Play+
Pennsylvania bettors can find one of the state’s best overall online sportsbook platforms at DraftKings Sportsbook. The selection of betting markets and deposit/withdrawal methods at DraftKings Sportsbook stack up against anything else on the market.
New players can enjoy a 20% deposit match bonus up to $1,000. Other promotions include daily odds boosts across several different sports.
BetMGM Sportsbook (9/10)
Visit: BetMGM Pennsylvania and get a $500 Deposit Bonus
- Welcome bonus: Deposit Bonus up to $500
- Available as an app download for iOS and Android devices, as well as a desktop client
- Operates as a Qualified Gaming Entity, with no land-based casino partner in Pennsylvania
- Official sports betting partner of the Philadelphia 76ers and Pittsburgh Steelers
- Comprehensive selection of sports
- Best deposit option – PayPal
- Other deposit methods – ACH/eCheck, credit/debit card, Play+
BetMGM launched in Pennsylvania in December 2020. The iGaming platform is the first to take advantage of Pennsylvania’s Qualified Gaming Entity provision, which allows online gambling brands to enter the state market without a land-based casino partner.
BetMGM welcomes new players with a risk-free bet up to $500. Signing up for a new account can also unlock offers like the “Win Steelers Season Tickets for 10 Years” promotion.
BetRivers Sportsbook (8.6/10)
- 100% deposit match bonus up to $250
- Available as an Android app and a desktop client
- License partner of Rivers Casino Pittsburgh
- Official Sportsbook Partner of the Philadelphia Flyers
- Only a 1x playthrough requirement on the Deposit match bonus
- Best deposit option – PayPal
- Other deposit methods – ACH/eCheck, credit/debit card, BetRivers Play+
BetRivers functions as one of two Pennsylvania online sportsbooks under parent company Rush Street Interactive. Both offer a virtually identical sports wagering experience.
The BetRivers welcome bonus offer comes as a 100% deposit match bonus up to $250, with just a 1x playthrough requirement. Other promotions include weekly pick’em pools and odds boosts.
Barstool Sportsbook (9/10)
- Risk-free bet up to $500
- Available for iOS, Android, and desktop devices
- License partner of Hollywood Casino at Penn National
- Sportsbook partner of Penn National Gaming
- No. 3 online sportsbook in Pennsylvania by market share
- Best deposit option – PayPal
- Other deposit methods – ACH/eCheck, credit/debit card, Barstool Sportsbook Play +
Barstool Sportsbook PA launched in September 2020, marking the US debut of the online version of Barstool’s sports betting platform. The app launched with a selection of betting markets comparable to anything else in the state.
New bettors can sign up at Barstool Sportsbook and get a risk-free bet up to $500. Other daily player promotions include Barstool Power Hour, with odds discounts from 5 pm to 6 pm every day.
Full List Of Pennsylvania Online Sportsbooks
|Sportsbook||Welcome Bonus||Casino Partner||Launch Date|
|FanDuel Sportsbook||Risk-free bet up to $1,000||Valley Forge Casino Resort||July 2019|
|DraftKings Sportsbook||20% deposit match up to $1,000||The Meadows||November 2019|
|BetRivers Sportsbook||100% deposit match up to $250||Rivers Casino Pittsburgh||June 2019|
|SugarHouse Sportsbook||100% deposit match up to $250||Rivers Casino Philadelphia||May 2019|
|Parx Sportsbook||Risk-free bet up to $500||Parx Casino||June 2019|
|BetMGM||Risk-free bet up to $500||N/A||December 2020|
|FOX Bet||Risk-free bet up to $500||Mount Airy Casino Resort||September 2019|
|Caesars Sportsbook||N/A||Harrah’s Philadelphia||March 2020|
|TwinSpires (formerly BetAmerica)||25% deposit match up to $500||Presque Isle Downs||December 2019|
|Unibet Sportsbook||Risk-free bet up to $250||Mohegan Sun Pocono||November 2019|
|Barstool Sportsbook||Risk-free bet up to $500||Hollywood Casino at Penn National||December 2020|
How To Place An Online Sports Bet In Pennsylvania
Picking An Online Sportsbook
Gaming Today offers updated information on all legal mobile sportsbooks operating in Pennsylvania. The welcome bonus offers, available betting markets, and lines on games vary from platform to platform.
Check out the table above for a comprehensive list of the bonus offers at each Pennsylvania mobile sportsbook.
Make Your First Deposit
Once you’ve chosen a sportsbook, you enjoy several different deposit options that instantly put funds in your account.
PayPal provides one of the most reliable ways to deposit at an online sportsbook. Other methods include ACH/eCheck, credit cards, debit cards, and the Play+ prepaid card.
Pennsylvania’s legal iGaming sites utilize geolocation services to determine a user’s location when they log in or try to place bets. If the geolocation technology determines you’re outside of Pennsylvania state lines, you’ll be blocked from betting.
State laws mandate that you must be within state borders at the time of a bet.
Registering For An Online Sportsbook Account
Signing up at a Pennsylvania online sportsbook takes just a couple of minutes. You’ll need to provide proof of age and identity, which can be done by uploading a photo of a driver’s license or state-issued ID.
Once the sportsbook verifies your identification documents, you’re ready to deposit and start making bets.
Online sportsbooks allow you to wager by simply clicking on the line of your choice. Moneyline, point spread, totals, parlays, in-game betting, and more are at your disposal at Pennsylvania’s online sportsbooks.
Once you’ve clicked on a bet, the wager will appear on your bet slip (usually at the right of the screen). Confirm the bet one more time on the bet slip to make the wager official.
Why Choose A Legal Sportsbook?
The Pennsylvania Gaming Control Board (PGCB) regulates the state’s casino industry, including legal online sportsbooks. This government-operated gaming regulation agency’s oversight ensures proper operations, prompt payouts, and transparency from the Keystone State’s online sports betting platforms.
Illegal bookies and offshore sites, on the other hand, aren’t obligated to answer to an agency like the PGCB. As such, your money might not be safe once it’s in the hands of an illegal bookmaker.
Regulated sportsbooks automatically withhold federal taxes on wins of $5,000 or more. Aside from those withheld taxes, players bear responsibility for paying federal and state taxes on sports betting winnings.
Pennsylvania Sports Betting Revenue
Since launching in 2018, Pennsylvania’s sports betting industry shows significant upward growth in year-to-year revenue. According toreports from the Pennsylvania Gaming Control Board, annual sports betting revenue jumped from $84.1 million in 2019 to $189.7 million in 2020.
Pennsylvania hosts one of the most viable land-based casino industries in the US. The state’s sports betting market, however, is dominated by mobile wagering.
Sportsbooks in the Keystone State took $2.558 billion in overall betting handle in the latter half of 2020. Of that figure, $2.345 billion came from online sportsbooks, as mobile wagers represented 91.6% of overall handle.
How Pennsylvania Compares To Other Sports Betting States
Pennsylvania’s neighbor to the east stands as the benchmark in the US mobile sports betting industry. New Jersey produced more than $6 billion in sports betting handle in 2020, and $5.53 billion of that figure came from online sportsbooks in the Garden State, according tofigures released by the New Jersey Division of Gaming Enforcement.
Pennsylvania, however, holds its own as one of the top sports betting markets in the US. October reports from the nation’s top six sports betting states placed Pennsylvania as the No. 2 online sports betting market in the US, with $472.2 million in monthly mobile betting handle.
Pennsylvania came in as the No. 3 overall sports betting market in the US for October, trailing only Nevada and New Jersey. The future looks bright for Pennsylvania’s sports betting industry, which in a short time has established itself as one of the biggest sports wagering hubs in the US.
Pennsylvania Sports Betting: Successes And Failures
Pennsylvania Sports Betting Successes
The 2020 end-of-year revenue numbers point to significant potential success in future years for Pennsylvania’s sports betting industry. Online sports betting revenue exploded in Pennsylvania over the final three months of 2020.
October ($30.47 million in online revenue), November ($31.18 million), and December ($32.89 million) each marked successive new all-time monthly highs for mobile sports betting revenue in Pennsylvania.
Despite high tax rates on revenue compared to other states, Pennsylvania attracted sports betting’s most prominent brands to the market. FanDuel and DraftKings lead the Pennsylvania charge, which projects as a top US sports betting market for years to come.
How Pennsylvania Could Improve Its Sports Betting Industry
Pennsylvania’s sports betting model isn’t the most operator-friendly in the US. Sports betting revenue is taxed at 36%, with operators paying a $10 million licensing fee to enter the market. Those numbers represent the highest in the industry.
While DraftKings and FanDuel flourish in the state, the bottom half of the state’s list of 11 online sportsbooks struggle to earn revenue relative to the top players. While FanDuel Sportsbook earned more than $15 million in November 2020, BetAmerica (now branded as TwinSpires) produced just $8,632 in earnings over the same period.
Overall performance, however, has to be considered a success for Pennsylvania’s sports betting industry.
Sports Betting Legalization Effort In Pennsylvania
The current sports betting boom in the US required a change in stance on federal sports wagering laws. A 1992 mandate known as the Professional and Amateur Sports Protection Act (PASPA) outlawed sports betting in all but four states.
The Supreme Court of the United States overturned PASPA in May 2018, however, setting the stage for US states to legalize sports betting. Much like neighboring New Jersey, Pennsylvania lawmakers already had sports betting regulations ready to go before thefall of PASPA.
A Pennsylvania sports betting bill went into law in October 2017. The implementation of the bill pended the overturn of PASPA, which happened seven months later.
Despite Pennsylvania’s status as the second-largest land-based casino economy in the US, online gambling legislation came upon serious opposition in both the state House and Senate. Online gambling legislation, which included mobile sports betting, passed in the House by a 102-89 vote and the Senate by a 31-19 margin.
Pennsylvania’s gambling expansion bills gave the green light to both retail and online sports betting. The first online sportsbook went live in May 2019.
The end of 2020 marked one-and-a-half years of legal online sports betting in Pennsylvania. Despite that short timeframe, annual revenue nearly hit the $200 million mark in 2020.
Pennsylvania Sports Betting Timeline
- October 2017 – A package of bills outlining a significant gambling expansion in Pennsylvania is signed into law by Gov. Tom Wolf. The bills legalize both retail and online sports betting as part of that expansion. Sports betting can’t launch at the time, however, as the Professional and Amateur Sports Protection Act (PASPA) is still in effect.
- May 2018 – The Supreme Court of the United States rules PASPA as unconstitutional, overturning the mandate after 26 years in effect. With PASPA out of the way, Pennsylvania’s sports betting industry gets the official green light.
- November 2018 – The state’s first retail sportsbook opens for business, as Hollywood Casino at Penn National takes the first sports bet in Pennsylvania history. A dozen more land-based sports betting venues launch in the state over the next two years.
- May 2019 – Pennsylvania’s first online sportsbook goes live. SugarHouse Sportsbook launches under the interactive gaming license of Rivers Casino Philadelphia.
- July 2019 – FanDuel Sportsbook enters the Pennsylvania online sports betting market. The platform quickly emerges as the most popular mobile sports betting app in the state.
- September 2020 – A new major player enters the Pennsylvania market, as Barstool Sportsbook goes live with an online platform. Barstool rapidly becomes the No. 3 most popular online sportsbook in the state, trailing only FanDuel Sportsbook and DraftKings Sportsbook in monthly revenue.
- December 2020 – BetMGM launches in Pennsylvania as the state’s first Qualified Gaming Entity (QGE). Pennsylvania law allows iGaming brands to enter the market with QGE status, which doesn’t require a land-based casino partner.
- December 2020 – December marks the third straight month in which Pennsylvania online sportsbooks set a new monthly revenue high. Mobile sportsbooks produce $32.89 million in December revenue, and the state ends the year with $189.7 million in combined retail and mobile sports betting revenue for 2020.
Pennsylvania’s Sports Teams
Professional Sports Teams
Pennsylvania’s NFL Teams
Pro football loyalties in Pennsylvania split between two teams – the Pittsburgh Steelers and the Philadelphia Eagles.
The Steelers stand as one of the NFL’s most successful franchises. Pittsburgh shares the NFL record for most Super Bowl wins (6) and holds the outright record for most conference championship game appearances.
The Eagles hold one Super Bowl title, breaking through with a win in the 2017 NFL championship game. Like the Steelers, the Eagles contend as a perennial threat to win a division title, although the franchise’s postseason success falls short of Pittsburgh’s accomplishments.
Pennsylvania’s online sportsbooks offer wagering on both Pennsylvania teams, as well as the rest of the NFL, every season. Betting opportunities include every round of the playoffs, all the way through the Super Bowl.
Pennsylvania’s MLB Teams
The Philadelphia Phillies and Pittsburgh Pirates both play in Major League Baseball’s National League. Both franchises trace their roots to the late 1800s, as both stand as two of the longest-running franchises in professional baseball.
The Pirates claim five World Series titles, while the Phillies own two MLB championships. Neither Pennsylvania baseball franchise has appeared in the postseason over the past five seasons, leaving fans in the Keystone State hungry for the next playoff run.
When that happens for either team, Pennsylvania online sportsbooks will offer betting on all rounds of the postseason, including the World Series.
Like Pennsylvania’s other sports franchises, the 76ers draw a loyal but demanding fan base of basketball fanatics. After a long playoff drought, the team returned to the playoffs for the first time in six seasons in the 2017-2018 NBA Playoffs.
The following season ended in heartbreak for 76ers fans. Toronto Raptors’ superstar Kawhi Leonard hit a dramatic last-second shot in Game 7 of the Eastern Conference semifinals, ending Philadelphia’s season.
Like the other major pro sports, NBA betting is open at Pennsylvania’s sportsbooks. That includes the regular season and every round of the playoffs.
Pennsylvania’s NHL Teams
Pennsylvania cross-state rivalries don’t come any more intense than matchups featuring the Philadelphia Flyers against the Pittsburgh Penguins.
With five Stanley Cups, the Penguins lay claim to more NHL championship success than the rival Flyers. Philadelphia’s two Stanley Cups both came in the early 1970s, leaving longsuffering Flyers fans waiting decades for a taste of championship success.
Pittsburgh’s success includes three Stanley Cup championship wins in the past 12 seasons.
Pennsylvania College Sports Teams
Some states place betting restrictions on in-state college programs and games. Pennsylvania’s sports betting laws don’t apply any prohibitions on state-based teams, however.
Big-time sports contests involving Pennsylvania programs like Penn State and Villanova are legally available throughout the season at Pennsylvania’s sportsbooks.
Penn State Nittany Lions
The Pennsylvania State University football program, aka the Penn State Nittany Lions, play as one of the more decorated programs in NCAA football history. Penn State holds two National Championship titles and perennially contends as one of the Big Ten Conference’s top teams.
Annual contests against Michigan, Michigan State, and Ohio State represent some of the most hyped matchups on the college football calendar. All Nittany Lions games appear on the betting boards at Pennsylvania’s mobile sportsbooks, including bowl games and potential future College Football Playoff appearances.
A member of the hallowed Philadelphia Big Five, the Villanova Wildcats men’s basketball program represents one of the sport’s most successful teams.
The Wildcats posted 14 NCAA Tournament appearances in the past 15 seasons. Two of those runs (2016 and 2018) ended with Villanova hoisting the NCAA Championship trophy.
Future March Madness appearances for the Wildcats will be available for wagering at Pennsylvania’s sportsbooks, with no restrictions.
Plenty of other betting markets await Pennsylvania bettors on the state’s mobile sports betting apps. MMA, tennis, golf, motorsports, international leagues, and niche sports round out the opportunities available at Pennsylvania sportsbooks.
Included in that lineup are in-state events like the NASCAR Cup Series races held at Pocono Speedway each year. Known as the “Tricky Triangle,” Pocono Speedway stands as one of the unique tracks on the NASCAR circuit.
Draftkings Pennsylvania Casino
Pennsylvania Sports Betting FAQs
Yes. Pennsylvania gaming laws allow both online and retail sportsbooks to operate in the state.
The first legal online sportsbooks went live in Pennsylvania in May 2019. Since then, the industry has expanded to include 11 different online sports betting platforms.
All legal mobile sports betting apps display the seal of approval from the Pennsylvania Gaming Control Board.
21 or older. The minimum age to place an online sports bet in Pennsylvania is 21, across all legal sportsbooks.
When registering for a sportsbooks account, you’ll need to upload documents providing proof of age and identity.
Yes. All college sports are available for wagering at Pennsylvania’s online sportsbooks. This includes in-state programs like Penn State and Villanova.
Some states place restrictions on betting on in-state college teams and events. Pennsylvania gaming laws place no such ban on Pennsylvania-based programs and games, however.
Yes, as long as you’re betting on one of Pennsylvania’s legal mobile sports betting apps. Pennsylvania’s legal online sportsbooks are regulated by the Pennsylvania Gaming Control Board (PGCB).
The PGCB oversees all casino operations in Pennsylvania. Playing at a legal online gambling site offers the same level of safety as playing at a Pennsylvania casino.
Yes. Just about all Pennsylvania online sportsbooks offer their platforms as app downloads for Apple iOS devices. Pennsylvania bettors can find these apps in the App Store.
Yes. FanDuel Sportsbook takes more bets than any other online sportsbook in Pennsylvania. Bettors can access FanDuel Sportsbook via desktop browser or downloadable app for Android and iOS devices.
More Resources On Pennsylvania Sports Betting
- Pennsylvania Gaming Control Board: Press Releases – Monthly updates on revenue and other news in the Pennsylvania casino industry.
- Pennsylvania Gaming Control Board: Monthly Sports Wagering Report – A detailed breakdown of revenue by sports betting operator. This report includes a breakout of online and retail betting handle and revenue.
- Visit PA – State tourism website offering an overview of Pennsylvania’s casinos and racetracks.
- ESPN US Sports Betting Map – ESPN’s interactive map showing where all 50 states stand on sports betting legalization.
- Philadelphia Inquirer – Sports section of one of Pennsylvania’s most prominent news outlets.
DRAFTKINGS SPECIAL - DOUBLE YOUR MONEY if either team scores a touchdown during The Big Game! Simply register your DraftKings account, make a deposit, and bet $5 - $50 on either team to score a Touchdown. Following deposit, you will receive a single-use Odds Boost that you must select in your bet slip before placing your bet. (Excludes live bets, parlays, free bets, cash out bets, and voided bet) If your team scores a touchdown you will DOUBLE YOUR MONEY! - To Claim Click This Link
Since the state of Pennsylvania gave the green light to sports betting in November of 2018, bettors in the state have seen many shops open up. Now those looking for some online action have many options to choose from.
One of the top places to play is DraftKings Sportsbook, which is powered by Kambi. The well-known daily fantasy and sports betting brand offers a really good product for those looking to get some action in.
With a fast, responsive app, a huge variety of sports betting lines, and a solid bonus to start, DraftKings is one of the books we recommend the most.
DraftKings Sportsbook Pennsylvania bonus
DraftKings offers a sweet deposit bonus to new customers, so make sure you take advantage when you open a new account. Speaking of which, to get started, just follow our link. When you’re filling out all of the details for your account, you don’t need a DraftKings promo code to claim your welcome bonus. The links on this page will lock your bonus in.
DraftKings is currently offering $50 for free just for joining as well as a 20% deposit bonus up to $1,000.
Gratis spins coin master 2019. If you’re new to sports betting, here is how the bonus works:
- You will automatically receive your free $50 in $5 bets you can use anywhere on the site
- When you’re ready to make your first deposit, DraftKings will match 20% of the deposit up to $1,000. For example, a $500 deposit will get a $100 bonus
- The bonus is cleared to your account at a rate of $1 for every $25 you wager, and you have 90 days to clear the bonus
All in all, this is a good way to get your sports betting account started off on the right foot!
DraftKings Sportsbook promo code – February 2021
When it comes to sportsbook promos and promo codes, DraftKings is among the best. If you’re signing up for an account today, there is no need to enter a promo code to take advantage of what’s offered to you. That includes a $50 free bet as well as a 20% bonus up to $1,000.
|DraftKings Sportsbook promo code:||None - Use Links|
|Free Money Offer||$50|
|Matched Deposit||20% up to $1,000|
|Last Verified||February 2021|
DraftKings is always running a slew of fun promos, especially related to different days of the week, sports or major events like the Super Bowl, so you’ll be able to earn sweet bonuses all along the way. Make sure you take advantage of the deals as each of these bonuses can help pad your sports betting account.
DraftKings Sportsbook app
Draftkings In Pennsylvania
Sports bettors have benefited greatly thanks to advances in technology over the last couple of decades. Nowadays, if you have a smartphone, you can bet from virtually anywhere. Whether you’re at home, at a sports bar or at the sporting event itself, you’ll be able to bet on whatever you want through the DraftKings Sportsbook app.
They’ve done a really great job fleshing out the user mobile betting experience in their app as we found the whole process very intuitive. Whether it’s depositing funds, live betting, or simply checking the lines, everything was quite easy with just a few swipes or taps.
More importantly, the app runs extremely fast. That’s a big deal when you’re trying to get your bets in, especially with in-game action. We really found no lag on any of the phones we tested. We give their app high marks as it’s one of the best out there.
Of course, the app goes hand-in-hand with the online sportsbook. Many bettors will prefer using the web version because when you sit down in front of a computer or laptop, you’ll have much more real estate to work with.
With the full landscape mode on a desktop monitor (and a mouse), it’s easy to click around and see all of the lines on the board.
Overall, we really enjoyed using the DraftKings online sportsbook. When you first hit it and log in, you’ll notice the brand’s predominant lime green and dark grey colors. You can easily jump from the sportsbook to DFS and back, and then you’ll also have the main navigation for all of the lines.
Typically, they’ll feature what’s hot right now at the top of the page, so at the start of college basketball season, you might see that feature. Or if it’s Super Bowl time, you’ll see those lines and props highlighted.
Underneath the main navs are where the lines are displayed. If you click on NBA, for example, the lines will unfold in the middle of the page. You’ll see the spreads, moneylines, and totals, and then you can quickly navigate to any alternate NBA betting lines, like quarters, halves, futures, props, and make your decisions.
As you click away, the selections are then added to your bet slip, which is on the right-hand side of the screen. That’s pretty much the standard placing for it.
The website is lightning quick across all of the browsers and machines that we tested. Their live-betting was especially fast as the lines pop-up really quick after each play. They also have a huge selection of live betting, which we loved.
Overall, the website is crisp as expected. They’ve just done a great job of making sure that everything is smooth, easy to find and really fast when you need it.
How to sign up for a DraftKings PA Sportsbook account
If you’re looking to join the action today then the first step is sign up for a DraftKings account. The whole process takes just a couple of minutes and we’ll walk you through the steps right here.
- Follow this link to visit the DraftKings Pennsylvania Sportsbook.
- Click on “Bet Free” or “Sign Me Up” to get the process started.
- Fill out all of the pertinent information, like a username, e-mail, password, and the promo code.
- Check off the box saying you agree to the terms and conditions of the site and proceed.
- Verify your identity by providing your name, address, date of birth and the last four numbers of your social security number. Remember that to bet on sports, you have to be a resident of Pennsylvania and at least 21 years of age.
- Once your identity and location are confirmed (you may need to install a GeoComply plugin into your browser), then you’ve created your account.
- Lastly, deposit some funds and you’re ready to get in the game.
One of the best aspects of betting at DraftKings is that you also get access to DraftKings DFS as well as the casino. That means you can play in all three realms through one account. And if you want to play on mobile, simply download the dedicated apps for iOS or Android, and you’ll be able to play wherever you go!
Eligibility requirements for DraftKings Sportsbook
Sports betting is legal in many places around the country but that doesn’t mean that everyone is eligible. As tempting as it might be, remember that to be eligible to bet on sports in any state, you must be at least 21 years of age. You will be asked to verify your age before you’re able to place bets whether it is online or in person.
The other key here is that to bet on sports in Pennsylvania, you have to be physically located within the state borders to play. You will be asked to verify your IP address on your computer or the location services on your mobile phone.
Lastly, anyone who is an athlete, coach, manager, referee or closely related to any of these sporting events to the point where you could possibly influence the outcome, is not able to bet on sports. The Pennsylvania Gaming Control Board strictly enforces these rules. It is illegal to break any of them and the crimes will be punished.
DraftKings Sportsbook reward program
DraftKings Sportsbook has both a traditional and non-traditional reward program, which means that you can win both ways.
A traditional reward program is similar to what you’ll see in Las Vegas if you hit the tables. As you play, you accrue points and then those reward points can be used towards freebies with the sportsbook. That’s the case here as the more you bet, the more free bets and deals you’ll get. You have to enroll in the ‘New Missions’ to do that.
Separately, DraftKings also has a different type of reward program as they regularly offer up sweet bonuses to their regulars. For example, you might see odds boosts. For example, the Philadelphia 76ers could be at 7/1 to win the NBA Championship but they boosted it to 76/1 for residents of Pennsylvania (this an actual promo they ran). That gives you a chance to really cash in big. They run these types of promos almost weekly depending on the events and what’s happening in the sporting world.
More promotions at DraftKings
DraftKings always has their finger on the pulse in terms of what’s happening in the sporting world. As a result, you’ll often see promos come up tied to different events. It might be contests, odds boosts or other opportunities to win big based on what’s happening.
If you take a look at the ‘Rewards’ section at the top of the page, you’ll see a full list of what’s offered to you. That includes deposit bonuses, pre-game protection, parlay insurance, free bets, and odds boosts. If you happen to play in the casino or on the DFS side of things, that will open the door to an array of new promos for you in those realms too.
Deposits at DraftKings Sportsbook
If you’re looking to play at DraftKings, one of the keys to getting to the games is getting your money into the sportsbook. There are a number of ways where you can instantly do that.
- Credit card – If you have a Visa or MasterCard, you can get your money in right away.
- Debit card: This another version of the plastic cards that works very quickly.
- Bank transfers: These are fairly simple, for the most part, but you’ll need to know your banking details. Customer service can guide you with what they’ll need to make it happen.
- Play+ prepaid card: This is a prepaid card that a lot of sportsbooks use for deposits and withdrawals
The minimum deposit with any of these methods is $5.
Payouts at DraftKings Sportsbook
Withdrawing your winnings is one of the most exhilarating moments in sports betting. Typically, DraftKings processes all payouts within two to eight days. The minimum you can choose to withdraw is $20. Here are the processors that you can use:
Draftkings Pennsylvania Lottery Results
- Check – This is a fairly straightforward method. They’ll send you a check in the mail, which you can cash at your bank.
- PayPal – For those who use the popular online e-wallet, this will be a good option. The payouts usually come faster than a check.
- Bank transfer – This avoids having to have a check mailed or making any transfers back and forth online. Simply give them your banking details and they’ll deposit the funds into your account.
- Cash at the cage – If you feel like collecting at a land-based casino that has a DraftKings sportsbook, that’s also an option for you.
Bet options at DraftKings Sportsbook
Draftkings Sportsbook Casino Pa
One of the best parts of DraftKings Sportsbook is the vast array of betting options. Many bettors will focus on spreads, moneylines, and totals, but it’s really nice to have a lot more choices available at your fingertips.
The first thing to know is that DraftKings has a huge variety of props and futures. You’ll find most books keep their futures section pretty light but DK not only offers lots of them, they’ll frequently update them. For example, almost all books will have odds to win the Super Bowl throughout the year but they might not regularly have odds to win each division updated. DraftKings will do things like that each week after each game. They also offer a whole host of props that you won’t find anywhere else.
Draftkings Pennsylvania Launch
We also really enjoyed their live-betting product. Many sportsbooks offer a scant selection of games for in-play betting but DraftKings would have to be at the top of the list or near it in terms of just how many games they have on the board each night for live betting.
Outside of that, you’ll find a lot of the basics that you need here. From moneylines, to teasers, to parlays, to all sorts of other action, to a whole host of promos (as we’ve detailed above). The offering here in terms of the betting lines is about as good as it gets.